Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quick Personal Update

The non-musical news is that I have...wait for it...friends!!!! My friend Emma with whom I went to Clark and Sevilla is a San Francisco native, so it's been great to hang out with her. Unfortunately she's gone (trip to Taiwan the moving to Boston--Go Emma!) but before she left she introduced me to some of her high school friends. They are wicked cool and I proudly call them my friends now. I've mainly been hanging out with Marissa and Dani. They both live nearby, which is nice, and with them I've done an array of activities from going to bars to eating burritos to trying out for Matt Damon movies. (There was a casting call for a Steven Soderbergh film with Matt Damon that we attended but arrived at too late, probably.) Oh and Marissa has a cat :) I like to believe that my new friendships are relevant to Sophie's Smokin' Squeezebox because they really have boosted my morale. Previously I spent the evenings (/every other time of day) home alone, but now I don't! (Cue "What I've Been Looking For" from "High School Musical") (jk).

Also, I'm planning a journey home. I am definitely going to Mexico to find sheet music for "Morir Soñando" (oh and also to visit my BFF Sasha) so I figured I'd go home after, and pad both sides of the journey. I'm thinking:

1. LA (Jackson et al)
2. San Diego (cousin Silas)
3. Flagstaff, AZ (cousin Gideon)
4. Santa Fe (Nora)
Mexico
5. Chapel Hill, NC (Steph)
6. Wilmington, NC (Emily from Wellfleet)
7. DC (Tito)
8. Philadelphia (Never been)
9. New York (Lesley and Mary)
10. Boston (elf roots)
11. Worcester (friends)
12. Leverett, MA

The purpose of this trip would be to see new parts of the United States, see friends/family, and go on a busking tour! I'm researching busking in these places, and I'm open to suggestions for other places! I will be shipping a big box of stuff home and traveling with just my awesome backpacking backpack and my squeezebox.

I'm also figuring out what to do in Mexico, since Liz and Steph who are coming to see Sasha with me have to go back to their jobs after a week, but I want to stay longer. I want to see more of Mexico (maybe Oaxaca to see Jake, etc.) and go to Guatemala. The problem is that I don't have travel buddies. Hopefully Sasha can get work off.

Time to go home and practice "I Want You Back" more!

No comments:

Post a Comment