Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Terrible Student

I was just thinking that I'm my own worst music student. I say I'm self-taught, but I'm not really teaching myself. If I were to be studying with someone other than myself I would have set days to have lessons, practice daily if possible, and be ashamed if I hadn't mastered the previous week's lesson by the following lesson.

That said, I need to step it up! I need to organize my "to-learn" list and actually spend time building my skills. My work schedule's too crazy to pick a day now, but once it's set I'm going to declare "Accordion Lesson" time. Preferably on Wednesday afternoons, because that's when piano lessons were in high school. Starting now, I WILL pick up my accordion every day, and have at least one new song every time I head to Ptown to perform! Or else I don't get a sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment